This article explains how you can link your Key Result to BigQuery to autopopulate your Key Results.
First, visit your Key Result page that you want to setup BigQuery for. Click on the 'Automations' tab and click 'Add Automation.' From there, you'll see a list of available automations. Click on 'Set Up' next to BigQuery:
If a BigQuery project has been set up, you'll see it listed under 'Use a configured BigQuery Project'. If it hasn't, you can click 'Create new BigQuery connection':
On the page that appears, you'll be presented with some information you will need to use when setting up a role with the appropriate permissions within your Google account using BigQuery. To create a role within your Google account:
1) Go to your Roles page
2) Using the drop-down list at the top of the page, select the organization or project in which you want to create a role.
3) Click Create Role. (See Google's dedicated help article for additional guidance.)
4) Enter a Name, Title, Description, and Role launch stage for the role. (Please note: The role name cannot be changed after the role is created.)
5) Click Add Permissions.
6) Search for and add the list of required permissions we highlight on your Just3Things page:
7) Go back to IAM, click 'Add' and paste the URL in the New Member field which you can obtain from the filed under 'Just3Things service account' on the J3T BigQuery page. It'll look something like this:
8) Select the role you created earlier from the dropdown list. Click Save.
9) Go back to your dashboard & copy your project ID
10) Go back to your Just3Things page. Add the project ID to the field titled 'BigQuery Project ID' and click 'Configure':
11) For security reasons, you'll need to sign in again with Google. Once you've signed in with Google, you'll be taken to a query page:
You can now enter your query and click 'Save'. Provided the query, project, role & permissions are correctly setup, you will now be taken back to your key result page and BigQuery will automatically pull the data & check-in on your behalf. And that's it!
Need some help?
If you have any questions or need further guidance around this topic, feel free to contact your J3T representative by clicking on the blue speech bubble icon to the bottom right of the page and initiating a conversation like this:
Or alternatively you can also send an email to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.