It may be necessary to update your team or team structure, or even delete a team. This is easily accomplished within Just3Things, as we'll explain in this article.
As a member of a team or as an administrator you can carry out the following actions:
- Add or remove users and/or subordinate teams from a team
- Update the name or 'mission' of a team
- Completely delete a team
These can be accomplished by visiting the team page and following the instructions below.
Adding/removing Users & Teams from a Team
From the team page, click on the 'Options' menu and click on 'Edit Team and Members':
You can update each field, as follows:
- Team Name - Change your team name here as you want it to appear within Just3Things.
- Mission - Add a mission statement to describe what your team is trying to achieve.
- Team members - Use this field to search for and add individuals to the team.
- Team Leaders - Use this field to specify the team leader(s) as needed. This is optional.
- Which teams support this team? - If the team should have subordinate teams, i.e if the team represents a department or a 'Team of Teams', you can designate which teams should report to this team here. You'll be able to see a list of any subordinate teams and their OKRs & Strategies from your Team page.
Once you've updated the team, scroll to the bottom and click 'save' to confirm your changes:
This concludes how to edit your team.
How to delete a team:
To delete a team, visit the team page as outlined earlier, click on the 'Options' button and click 'Destroy Team':
Keep in mind that doing this will also delete any OKRs owned by this team, so it's worth ensuring you back up any relevant information you wish to retain, or perhaps change the ownership to another team or individual of any OKRs you want to keep.
For more information on how to do this, see our article on editing OKRs here.
Need some help?
If you have any questions or need further guidance around this topic, feel free to contact your J3T representative by clicking on the blue speech bubble icon to the bottom right of the page and initiating a conversation like this:
Or alternatively you can also send an email to 'email@example.com'.