In this article we'll show you how you can create a team, edit an existing team or delete a team if it is no longer needed.
How to create a team:
To create a team, click on 'Teams' from the top menu bar and click on the blue 'Add a Team' button, at the bottom the side menu:
From here you need to add some details about your team. Each form field is explained as follows:
- Team Name - Your team name as you want it to appear within Just3Things.
- Mission - Add a mission statement to describe what your team is trying to achieve.
- Team members - Use this field to search for and add individuals to the team.
- Team Leaders - Use this field to specify the team leader(s) as needed. This is optional.
- Which teams support this team? - If the team should have subordinate teams, i.e if the team represents a department or a 'Team of Teams', you can designate which teams should report to this team here. You'll be able to see a list of any subordinate teams and their OKRs & Strategies from your Team page.
Fill out the required details and click 'Save' to create your team:
How to edit an existing team:
To edit an existing team, you can either search for the team or find them via the Team Network View. Click on the team name from the side menu to visit the team. From here, click on 'Options' and click 'Edit team and Members':
From here you can edit the teams details, add/remove team members and add/remove any teams that should report to that team. Once you're satisfied with your changes, click 'Save'.
How to delete a team:
(To delete a team, you must be a member of the team or have Administrator privileges)
Visit the team you would like to remove, click on the 'Options' button and click 'Destroy this team'. A prompt will appear asking you to confirm your choice:
Please note: We cannot recover a deleted team, and you must ensure any OKRs you wish to keep have been reassigned to another user or individual.
This concludes how to create, edit and delete teams in Just3Things. Next up, we recommend taking a look at our article on how to set up your organisation structure in Just3Things.
Need some help?
If you have any questions or need further guidance around this topic, feel free to contact your J3T representative by clicking on the blue speech bubble icon to the bottom right of the page and initiating a conversation like this:
Or alternatively you can also send an email to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.